FR. EBUBEMUONSO SCIENCE SCHOLARSHIP OBJECTIVES
Our aim is to arouse and sustain keen interest in science subjects in secondary level education across Africa. Fr. Ebube Muonso wants to raise the standard of Science and technology education and reward excellence with educational grants to study at his state-of-the-art international Science College through an unbiased competitio.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
This competition is open to students going into SS 1 (Grade 10) between the ages of 13 – 15years. Registration to participate is done through completion of SJVSC Scholarship form. Form purchases can be bought:
* Online for those who live outside Anambra State Nigeria.
* At Holy Ghost Adoration Ministry Uke
* At Blessed Iwene Tansi Parish, Umudioka
* At St. John Vianney Science College, beside Anambra state university, Igbariam Campus.
There are two main levels of the competition. Both first and second parts will take place on the same day: Saturday, 27th August 2022.
First part: Written Examination- All the registered candidates are expected to participate in this round of the competition by sitting for the science examination. Concerned subjects (Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.)
second part: Innovative Project- This part requires candidates to submit a science project of choice. Top 40 will be selected based on the exam excellence and relevance of science project submitted. Then get invited for an oral interview through which the best 20 is selected.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
The First edition of Fr. Ebubemuonso Science Scholarship examination will hold on Saturday 27th August 2022. Time: 11am| NO CALCULATORS WILL BE ALLOWED | Students are to come along with only HB pencil, eraser, ruler and statistical table, NO CALCULATORS WILL BE ALLOWED. Students must conduct themselves in an orderly manner Any act of misconduct will lead to the disqualification of the student. The competition is open to Students going into SS1.
PLEASE NOTE: Students are advised to check their results via the online platform through our website and also at the School Premises. The result will be made available to them from Friday 2nd of September 2022. Only qualified students will be contacted for the second stage (Oral Interview/Science project Justification) of the competition.
WHAT DO I NEED TO BE ABLE TO PARTICIPATE?
- You must be a student in Going into SSS1 (Grade 10) attending a Public or Private Secondary School in Nigeria,
- You must be resident in Nigeria, You must be willing to travel out of your state of abode if you are not resident in Anambra,
- Ability to read and understand new topics in science subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology & Mathematics based on the first term SSS1 syllabus is a necessity,
- You must be willing to comply with the rules of the competition as laid down by the school.
Find below the syllabi for the science subjects concerned:
- Introduction to Chemistry
- Nature of matter
- Molecules and atomicity
- Particulate Nature Of Matter
- Introduction to Physics; Familiarization of Physics Laboratory
- Measurement of Mass, Weight, Length and Time;
- Motion in Nature, Force, Circular Motion, Centripetal and Centrifugal Forces
- Recognizing Living things
- Living things and non-living things
- Classification of Living things
- Organization of life
- Plant Nutrition
- Nutrient cycling in Nature
- Number System
- Modular Arithmetics